These are upgraded versions of our standard Full Coverage Face Mask which allow for the insertion of the instrument's mouthpiece. The design provides a perfect seal between the mouthpiece and the face mask.
As shown in the photos, the mouthpiece is inserted through a hole before putting on the mask. Once the mask is on, the mouthpiece can then be easily inserted into the instrument. Each hole is specifically sized to provide a perfect seal around the mouthpiece for each particular brass instrument.
When coupled with our Performance Bell Covers the ultimate mitigation of aerosol transmission can be achieved.
Please note that we are still in the design stages for woodwind instruments and expect to have those perfected shortly. Watch this page for updates or contact us to be notified when woodwind masks are available.
Masks are available with embroidered letters in any color at an additional cost. Please click here after ordering if you wish to have your mask embroidered.
- These are not N95 certified masks. What does N95 mean? N95 is a grade of filtering material - not a certified mask designation. To be certified as an N95 mask, OSHA regulations require the mask to be individually fitted to the wearer by a professional fitter. Please be cautious as fraudulent claims abound.
- Although the masks are not N95 certified they have been constructed based upon the design principles of the N95 mask. Each is made of an exterior layer of high count cotton broadcloth or twill and body-facing interior layer of Swiss cotton twill. Both layers are heat-fused to hidden interior layers of non-woven particle filter fabric for a total of four layers of protection. The efficacy of woven cotton masks in comparison to knitted masks or neck gaiters was recently demonstrated in a Duke University study.
About the masks:
- The masks are not disposable and can be washed repeatedly following the instructions contained in the mask package.
- All masks are constructed with Adjustable elastics and riveted silver aluminum nose bridges.
- The ultrafine soft Swiss cotton twill fabric against the face makes them comfortable to wear.
- Available Colors: Please see the dropdown list for colors. Should you not find a color which compliments your organization's colors, we can custom dye virtually any color. Please contact us for particulars.
By ordering these masks from us you specifically agree:
- You, or anyone you allow to use the mask, will not hold us liable in any way for any occurrence which results from using the mask whether through misuse or due to defect.
- You acknowledge that you understand these masks are not N95 certified.
- For our safety we will not accept the return of any mask if the sealed protective plastic package has been opened.
While we realize some of this is stringent, we are not a huge corporation that can ramp up to mass-market production of lower quality items. We have always chosen to offer only the best quality and to exercise extreme care in the creation of the items we make.
Caveat Emptor: What is N95 certified? N95 is a grade of filtering material, not a certified mask designation. In order to be certified as an N95 mask, OSHA regulations require the mask to be professionally fitted so that it seals well around the face. Please be cautious as fraudulent claims abound. The commonly sold "surgical mask" offers the wearer no protection from viruses.
Please see our COVID-19 page for policy and physical changes we have made here at CustomShirt1.com.
Most importantly ... Be Careful and Be Safe.