Choose your lambskin color from the chart. Before we begin you will receive an actual leather sample card to verify ... or change ... your color selection.
- Button front reversible contemporary Nehru travel coat created of dark brown Nappa lambskin
- Nehru collar and open cuffs
- Princess cut panels enhance all figure shapes
- Classic Besom pockets with button tab
- Double-faced buttons enable reversibility
- Comfortable inset pockets, clean plain hem
- Open cuffs ... wear down or flip up with ease
- This contemporary classic works for casual or dress wear
Additional Sarah Nehru travel coat options available (see style photos):
- Narrow or wide belt may be added
- Inset side pockets or patch pockets may be substituted for Besom pockets
- Button or Snap Cuffs can be substituted for Open Cuffs
- Cuffless sleeves may be substituted for cuffed sleeves
- Trapunto stitching available on cuffs
- Change from Above-the-Knee to Mid-Calf length
Our bespoke work - shirts, blouses, pajamas, robes, braces, suspenders, leather outerwear, and much more - spans more than a half-century of creating the finest clothing for ladies and gentlemen. According to Departures Magazine, many consider our bespoke creations to be the finest available.
Following our tradition of fine couture, each individually commissioned garment is exactly that: individual, one-of-a-kind, designed and created for only one person.
Accompanying the leather swatch card you will receive after ordering will be a simple measurement form. We shall use this to expand upon the nominal size you have selected. Each pattern is drafted to the client's individual measurements and kept on permanent file. In cases where an article deviates significantly from the displayed style, a cotton muslin try-on may be created before working in leather. This ensures not only correct fit but also confirms proportions and the appropriateness of styling details. As necessary, additional muslins may be created until the desired result is achieved. In contrast to working in our fine Swiss cloths, a finished leather garment cannot be easily altered - if at all - so this investment of time and effort is important when necessary.
Our selection of leathers lies at the heart of our work. The French-tanned Nappa lamb and calfskin plonge are buttery soft, extremely supple, light in weight, and only get better with age. Similarly, our linings, when used on non-reversibles, include only the most luxurious silks and unbelievably soft Swiss cottons.
Leather has inherent natural variations. Each piece of leather is inspected and hand cut one-at-a-time by Alexander Kabbaz to ensure that all parts match in texture and finish. Similarly, our sewing and finishing are all one-at-a-time and performed only here in our East Hampton studio. We use exclusively single-needle tailoring techniques and the finest cotton thread from Italy. Each jacket or coat requires a considerable investment of time averaging 55-60 hours from design to wearing.
Deliveries require four to eight weeks depending upon season and workload. Our quality guarantee is simple: Show us better and ours is free.
Finally, our purely bespoke tradition offers a simple, rare option:
If you can imagine it ... we shall make it. Just ask us!